August 2, 2012
- Sears Recalls Kenmore® Dehumidifiers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
This recall involves 35-, 50- and 70-pint dehumidifiers with a Kenmore logo on the front top of the unit, manufactured between 2003 and 2005. The dehumidifiers are made of white plastic and are between 21 and 24 inches tall, about 15 inches wide and about 13.5 inches in depth. They have fan and humidity controls on their top front panels and some models include remote controls. They come with front-loading water buckets. The model number can be found on the right side of the interior of the unit once the bucket has been removed. Recalled units have the following model numbers:
September 14, 2011
- Home Fires Prompt Dehumidifier Recall Reannouncement from LG Electronics
January 11, 2011
- GE and Professional Series Brand Dehumidifiers Recalled Due to Fire Hazard
This recall involves 30-pint and 40-pint portable dehumidifiers manufactured between November 2006 and August 2007, and during April 2008. The dehumidifiers are white with a front-loading water bucket. "GE" or "Professional Series" and digital controls are located on top of the dehumidifier. Model and serial numbers are located on the back of the dehumidifiers. Model and serial numbers included in the recall are:
August 10, 2010
- Additional Reports of Fires and Low Consumer Response Rate Prompt Reannouncement of Goldstar and Comfort-Aire Dehumidifier Recall
This recall involves 30-pint portable dehumidifiers sold under the brand names in the chart below. The dehumidifiers are white with a red shut-off button, controls for fan speed and humidity control and a front-loading water bucket. "Goldstar" or "Comfort-Aire" is printed on the front. The model and serial numbers are printed on the interior of the dehumidifiers and can be viewed after the water bucket is removed.
December 30, 2009
- Dehumidifiers Recalled by LG Electronics Tianjin Appliance Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
This recall involves 30 pint portable dehumidifiers sold under the brand names in the chart below. The dehumidifiers are white with a red shut-off button, controls for fan speed and humidity control and a front-loading water bucket. “Goldstar” or “Comfort-Aire” is printed on the front. The model and serial numbers are printed on the interior of the dehumidifiers and can be viewed after the water bucket is removed.
December 17, 2009
- Home Depot Recalls Dehumidifiers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
The dehumidifiers are beige, have four wheels, and measure 21 inches high, 13 ½ inches wide and 17 ½ inches long. “Hampton Bay” is printed on the front panel. Model HB-50 is being recalled. The model number is printed on the back interior panel.
October 17, 2002
- W.C. Wood Company Recalls Dehumidifiers
January 31, 2002
- Whirlpool Recalls Dehumidifiers
April 19, 2001
- Recall of Goldstar, General Electric, and Sears Kenmore Dehumidifiers