January 27, 2010
- Zippo Recalls Candle Lighters Due to Burn Hazard
This recall involves the Zippo Slatkin & Co. candle lighters with date codes G09 or H09. The lighters are finished in high-polish chrome or white with a chrome nozzle. The lighter uses refillable butane fuel and measures 6.5 inches long and 1 inch wide. The date code is embossed on the black adjuster knob located on the end of the lighter (opposite to the nozzle). “Slatkin & Co.” and “Zippo” are printed on the packaging. “Zippo” is also embossed on the product.
October 23, 2008
- YMCA Trading Recalls Lighters Due to Potential Burn Hazard to Children
The recalled “Gas Match” lighters have either a multi-colored red/white, blue/white or green/white plastic body, and a silver-colored metal nozzle. Each lighter measures 10½-inches long. The recalled “Ready, Aim…Fire” lighters have either a solid black, blue, red or green plastic body, and a silver-colored metal nozzle. Each lighter measures 9-inches long.
February 22, 2007
- Safety Alert: CFM U.S. Corp. Multi-Purpose Gas Lighters Sold at Wal-Mart Lack Safety Warning Labels
The recall involves three models of multi-purpose butane lighters sold under the brand name, The Grill Care Company®. The lighters are nine or 11 inches long and have the words "The Grill Care Company" and "NOM" printed on the label affixed to each lighter. As shown below, the lighter's body comes in several colors. Only lighters that have Spanish warnings and do not have English warnings are included in this recall.
March 30, 2006
- Speedway SuperAmerica LLC Recall of "Speedway" Cigarette Lighters
The recalled lighters have the "Speedway" logo on the front, "Acculite" embossed on only one side of the silver metal windscreen, and the warning information on the back in black type only (no red type).
June 13, 2005
- Aristo Home and Garden Recall of "Fire Stick" Multi-Purpose Lighters
These refillable, butane-fueled lighters are silver in color with a black sliding switch at the middle of the product. Two models of the lighters are included in this recall: a 7-inch model (model number 324007) and a 12-inch model (model number 324012). "Aristo Home & Garden" and "Fire Stick" are printed on the products' original packaging.
February 10, 2005
- Arett Sales Corp. Recall of Multi-Purpose Barbecue
October 20, 2004
- Zippo Recall of Multi-Purpose Utility Lighters
February 26, 2004
- Quality Fresh Cigars Recall of Lighters
October 29, 2003
- Style Asia Inc. Recall of Cigarette Lighters
October 29, 2003
- The Sarut Group (City Limit) Recall of Fish-Shaped Cigarette Lighters