December 22, 2011
- Target Recalls Circo Childrens' Travel Cases Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
The Circo brand label is found on the fabric handle attached to the top of the travel case. The girls’ version has a heart/butterfly/daisy pattern on either a pink or teal background with a plush butterfly attached to the zipper pull. The boys’ version has a pattern of three jet planes in red/blue/green on a red or blue airplane-patterned background with a blue plush jet plane attached to the zipper pull. Travel cases covered by this recall include:
January 5, 2011
- Avalung Backpacks Recalled by Black Diamond Equipment Due to Suffocation Hazard
This recall involves the following Black Diamond 2010 Avalung backpacks (see chart below). These backpacks have an air intake system that the company states extracts air from the snow, allowing the victim of an avalanche to breathe while buried under the snow. The model name and color are printed on the side of the backpack. The PO number is printed on a white label inside the backpack.
August 29, 2008
- Bonne Bell Recalls Children's Cosmetics Accessory Bags Due to Risk of Lead Exposure
The recalled accessory bags are made of plastic and have a zipper and carrying handle. The bags come with an assortment of cosmetic products, which are not part of this recall. The model name and UPC numbers are located on the hangtag. The following recalled model names and UPC numbers are involved in this recall:
October 23, 2007
- Game Pieces Sold with "Cars" Backpacks Recalled By Global Design Concepts; Detached Magnets Pose Aspiration and Intestinal Hazards
The 12 inch "Cars" Backpack was sold with four sealed game pieces that contain magnets. The game pieces included a red plastic car; a blue plastic car; and two red and black plastic disks that have “GAS,” “OIL” and “SERVICE” printed in red letters on the black perimeter of the disks. “Warning: Choking Hazard-Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years” is printed on the backpack hangtag. “Disney Presents a PIXAR film” is printed on the gray vinyl front of the backpack.
August 17, 2006
- Lands' End Children's Light-Up Backpacks Recalled for Overheating
This recall involves children's Cool Blue backpacks with lights and reflective trim. The backpacks were sold in seven colors: dark blue, light blue, orange, red, green, maroon and purple. Style number 175732 is printed on a label attached to the left side of the main compartment. Backpacks sold after July 19, 2006 are not included in this recall.
September 22, 2004
- Eddie Bauer Recall of Ebtek Brand Backpacks with Stools
It is a small, crossed leg, folding stool that stows in an outside pocket of the backpack. The stool has a metal frame and a fabric seat. This recall includes units manufactured between February 2004 and March 2004.
August 18, 1998
- "Mulan" Backpacks & Rolling Luggage Recalled by Pyramid Accessories
April 2, 1993
- Children's Carry-All Bags And Backpacks Recalled By Jaclyn, Inc.