April 30, 2010
- Comarco Recalls Power Adapters for Laptops Due to Burn Hazard
This recall involves the Targus Universal Wall Power Adapters for Laptops. Only models with the following SKU numbers are affected by this recall: APA23US-02, APA23US-03, APA23US-04, APA63US-03, APA63US-04, APM62US-03 and APM62US-04. The SKU number can be found on the underside of the adapter unit.
April 22, 2010
- Low Return Rate and Additional Reports of Fires Prompt Re-announcement of Coby Electronics Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player Recalls
The recall involves Coby DVD/CD/MP3 players with product numbers TF-DVD 1020 and TF-DVD 8501. "Coby" is printed on the front cover and the product number is on the bottom of the unit. The serial numbers on the recalled rechargeable batteries are printed on a label on the following batteries:
March 17, 2010
- Mobile Power Packs Recalled By Tumi Due to Fire Hazard
The recalled Mobile Power Pack is a mobile device that receives an AC charge in a compact battery pack that will then give five DC charges to small electronic devices including mobile phones, MP-3 players, Blackberries, and PDAs. The power pack is black and silver and is rectangular in shape. The front of it has a small circular control panel. The front also displays the word “Tumi” engraved on a silver button located towards the bottom of the device. Style number 14362 is printed on the power pack packaging.
January 12, 2010
- Lenmar Enterprises Recalls Rechargeable Batteries Sold for Cordless Phones Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
The recall involves the rechargeable batteries with the model number CB0217 2.4 volt 1500 mAh NiMH. Only batteries with date code 0809 are affected by this recall. The date code can be found on the back of the battery. The batteries were sold as replacement batteries for the following phones:
November 10, 2009
- Rechargeable Batteries Used with Touch Panels for Audio/Visual Systems Recalled by AMX Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
This recall involves AMX 5000 series (MVP-5100, MVP-5150, MVP-5200i) wireless touch panels. The model number can be found on a label on the back of the unit. These touch panels can be used as remote controls for residential or commercial audio/visual systems. AMX 5000 series touch panels are available in black or white and include a 5.2” wide screen color LCD display. The touch panel’s dimensions are 4 3/4” x 7 9/16” x 13/16”.
November 10, 2009
- Power Adapters Used with IBM RDX Back Up Disk Hard Drives Recalled Due to Shock Hazard
This recall involves power adapters sold with IBM RDX removable back up hard disk drives. The data storage devices were sold with a power adapter that fits various country specific plugs. “Hon-Kwang Electric (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd” is printed on the adapters. IBM and RDX are printed on the back up hard disk drives.
October 28, 2009
- Sony Recalls Computer AC Adapters Due to Shock Hazard
The recalled AC adapter model is the Sony VGP-AC19V17, which was supplied for use with the following Sony products:
October 22, 2009
- Coby Electronics Recalls Rechargeable Batteries Sold with Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Players Due to Fire Hazard
The recall involves Coby DVD/CD/MP3 players with an 8 ½ inch screen and product number TF-DVD- 8501. The rechargeable batteries sold with the DVD players have serial numbers that begin with “HY.” The serial number can be found on a white sticker affixed to the battery. “Coby” is printed on the front cover and the product number is on the bottom of the unit.
August 11, 2009
- Wii(tm) Battery Recharge Stations Recalled by Griffin International Due to Burn and Fire Hazards
The Wii 4-Dock Recharge Station includes a white docking station with four recharge stations and a four rechargeable battery pack. Brand names are on the front of the packaging and the model numbers, Psyclone (PSE6501) and React (RT530), can be found on the bottom side of the product.
June 18, 2009
- SmartSpark Energy Systems Recalls Battery Equalizers Due to Fire Hazard
The recalled battery equalizers are charge balancing devices designed to increase the performance and longevity of rechargeable batteries.