April 29, 2008
- Rio Brands Recalls High-Boy Beach Chairs Due to Fall Hazard
This recall involves the Rio Beach® High-Boy folding beach chairs with UPC and model numbers listed below. The chairs have aluminum tubing frames, striped or solid color fabric slings, and wood arms with an attached storage pouch with cell phone pocket. “Rio Beach® High-Boy,” the UPC number and the model number can be found on the hand tag and on a sticker on the rear leg.
November 28, 2007
- Lazy Lounger Chairs and Recliners Sold at Dick's Sporting Goods Recalled for Collapsing Hazard
This recall involves the Lazy Lounger chair (Style # CEH00415), recliner (Style # CEH00320) and oversize recliner (Style # CEH00414, CEH00345, and CEH00443). Style numbers are printed on the packaging. The chairs have a mesh covering that attaches to a black or tan metal frame by a woven cord. The mesh covering is sold in: blue, orange, black, natural, burgundy, pink, white, green, red, khaki, and camouflage. A padded headrest pillow is sewn on to the mesh. Beneath the padded headrest are two tags. The first reads: “! WARNING !”, followed by 9 numbered statements, and “Made in China”. The second is the “Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law” tag and includes the manufacturer’s Registration No: OHIO36462HK.
November 13, 2007
- Iceberg Enterprises LLC Recalls Folding Chairs Due to Fall Hazard
This recall involves Iceberg plastic round leg folding chairs. The metal support of the chair is charcoal and the seat and back support are beige. “Iceberg” is printed on a logo located on the back of the seat. Chairs with oval-shaped legs are not included in this recall.
August 24, 2007
- Calligaris USA Recalls Bar Stools Due to Fall Hazard
This recall involves Calligaris bar stools with a contemporary design. The stools have a black or chrome metal base, a low-back, and plastic seats that come in orange, black, white, green, or clear. The words “ICE” and “Calligaris” are engraved on the underside of the seat.
August 23, 2007
- J.C. Penney Recalls Spindle-Back Chairs Due to Fall Hazard
This recall involves the Windsor Spindle-Back side chair sets. The set is comprised of four chairs made of solid hardwood. Each chair measures 36 inches high. The backs and legs are painted white and the seat is a natural wood color.
August 9, 2007
- Outdoor Lounge Chairs Sold at Lowe's Stores Recalled Due to Fall Hazard
This recall involves the Garden Treasures Cloud 9 Beyond outdoor lounge chairs. The chairs are tan in color, have a light steel frame, cloth seat, a pillow at the headrest and an adjustable sun visor.
August 8, 2007
- Metal Folding Chairs Sold at Cost Plus World Market Stores Recalled Due to Collapse and Fall Hazards
The metal painted folding chairs were sold in four colors, red, blue, white and green. SKU numbers 390225, 390228, 390229 and 390230 are printed on the sales receipt.
July 20, 2007
- Reclining Lounge Chairs Sold at Menards Stores Recalled for Collapsing Hazard
This recall involves Rockingham deluxe reclining lounge chairs. The folding lounge chairs have an orange mesh covering that attaches to a steel frame by a woven cord. The high-back chairs measure 40-inches long by 28-inches wide by 46-inches high and have a padded headrest. A hangtag attached to the chair reads in part "Backyard Creations" and "Deluxe Rockingham Reclining Chair."
June 26, 2007
- Bond Manufacturing Co. Issues Recall for Folding Recliner Chairs That Can Collapse and Injure Users
The recalled recliner chairs have a mesh covering attached to the steel frame by a woven cord. The chairs were sold in the following colors: bronze, navy blue, spa blue, spa green, spa linen, orange, lime, teal and taupe. The recliners are about 40 inches long, 28 inches wide and 46 inches high.
May 11, 2007
- Berkline Heated Massage Recliners Recalled Due to Burn Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Value City Furniture and American Signature Furniture Stores
This recall involves the Berkline heated massage recliners with model number 13071 and piece code number 2700. The brand name, the model number, and the piece code can be found on the bill of sale and/or product packaging. The recliners were sold in brown and burgundy.