March 31, 2010
- Howard Berger Recalls Extension Cords and Power Strips Due to Fire Hazard
This recall involves Brightway heavy duty outdoor extension cords and Brightway indoor household extension cords and power strips. Model numbers involved in the recall are R2600 through R2615 (outdoor extension cords), EE6 through EE20 (indoor extension cords) and MP6DG (power strips). “Brightway” is printed on the cords. Model numbers are printed on the product’s packaging.
September 17, 2008
- Hanashop Recalls Counterfeit Power Cords Due to Fire and Shock Hazard; Sold Exclusively on eBay
The recall involves 2-Ft., three outlet power cords. The power cord is orange in color and packaged in a counterfeit yellow and green cardboard sleeve. The packaging indicates the power cord is a “12 Gauge Extra Heavy Duty” type. Model number T-4145 is printed in front and back of the packaging, which is indicated in the picture below.
March 8, 2007
- Dollar Stop Plus Recalls Extension Cords for Fire, Shock, Electrocution Hazards
The recalled product is a 15-foot white extension cord with green wrap-around green label with bold red and white lettering. The label reads "15 Ft HOUSEHOLD EXTENSION CORD." The "UL" symbol appears on the label. The cord has a silver UL holographic trademark tag, with "07/99, BV-7582, 13A 125V, 1875 W" printed on it. The cord is marked: SPT-2, 16AWGX2C, VW-1, 60o C.
September 13, 2006
- Pride Products Recalls Counterfeit Extension Cords Due to Fire Hazard
The recalled cords are brown or white, measure 6, 9, 12, or 15 feet long, are intended for indoors and have a three-outlet extension. Attached to the cord is a silver counterfeit UL holographic label marked "09/99 E157848 UL LISTED CORD SET BV-8021 13A 125V 1625W" or "09/02 E137398 UL LISTED CORD SET BW 5833 13A 125V 1625W."
August 10, 2006
- Dollar Tree Stores Recall Counterfeit Extension Cords Due to Shock Hazard
The recalled cords are green, measure 6 feet long, are intended for indoors and have a three-outlet extension. Attached to the cord is a silver counterfeit UL holographic label marked "09/01 E157848 UL LISTED CORD SET BW-3045 13A 125V 1625W".
January 11, 2006
- Neptune Systems Recalls Power Strips for Shock Hazard
The Direct Connect 8 (DC8) power strip is sold for use to control aquarium equipment with a computer. The power strip has a black aluminum enclosure with eight outlets, and a black extension cord. The serial number is printed on the white label on the side of the unit. The serial numbers are between DC81000 through DC81633. "Direct Connect 8" is written on the side of the unit.
March 10, 2004
- Harbor Freight Tools Recall of Heavy Duty Portable Industrial Cord Reel
The recalled heavy duty portable industrial cord reels are yellow with a carrying handle, extendable/retractable extension cord and 6 electrical outlets/plugs. The units are marked "Cord Reel Portable Power" and sold as "SKU 42053." The label on the rear of the unit contains the following information: "Cord Reel, 10 Amps, 125 Volts, 1250 Watts, Caution, Disconnect all plugs inserted into the outlets on this face before winding cord reel in either direction, Made in Taiwan, R.O.C."
December 23, 2003
- Family Dollar Services Inc. Recall of Extension Cords
June 19, 2003
- Extension Cords, Portable Lights, and Fluorescent Lights Recalled by Homier Distributing Co.
May 22, 2003
- Extension Cords Recalled by United General Supply Co.