March 16, 2010
- Remote Control Kits for Electric Fireplaces and Stoves Recalled by Dimplex North America Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
The recalled remote control kits are used with Dimplex, Electraflame, Symphony, Optiflame, Electralog and Charmglow brand electric fireplaces, stoves and fireplace inserts. They include a black or dark gray hand-held remote control and also a black or dark gray wall unit that plugs into an electrical wall outlet. Recalled model numbers include 47-1001, 47-1010-R and APT-1315. The model number is printed on either the plug-in unit or the hand-held remote control. The fireplace or stove's brand name is printed on both units.
December 22, 2009
- Polaris Industries Recalls Certain ATVs Due to Crash Hazard
This recall involves model year 2009 and 2010 Polaris Sportsman ATVs (models listed below) with certain VIN numbers. The ATVs were manufactured between January and August 2009. The VIN number and manufacture date are located on the right front of the ATV on the frame rail next to the front shock.
March 27, 2009
- Central Fireplace Recalls Fireplaces Due to Laceration Hazard
The recall involves Central Fireplace model CF3036MV-LP and CF3036MVB. The model number is located on the data plate behind the control panel door where the gas valve is located.
December 11, 2008
- Propane Gas Fireplace Inserts Recalled by Wolf Steel Due to Laceration Hazard
This recall involves Napoleon propane GDI44 gas fireplace inserts. Model number GDI44 is located on the front cover of the operating instructions or on the rating label found behind the right side panel next to the insert’s viewing glass. The glass size is 36” wide and 22” high. Napoleon natural gas GDI44 inserts are not affected by this recall.
May 28, 2008
- Fireplace Wall Controls Recalled by Hearth & Home Technologies; High Temperatures Can Result in Property Damage
This recall involves WSK-300 IntelliSwitch Fireplace Wall Controls sold with Heat & Glo gas direct vent fireplaces with the following model & serial numbers:
May 21, 2008
- American Flame Recalls Fireplaces to Replace Gas Valves Due to Fire and Explosion Hazards
The recall involves American Flame AF-4000 series fireplace gas valves installed in residential fireplaces made by twelve manufacturers under the following brand names: Pacific Energy, Travis Industries, CFM Corporation, Canadian Heating Products, Portland Willamette, Rasmussen, Chimeneas de Columbia, Twin Eagles, FDM, Inca Metals (Savannah Heating), Even Temp, and Valley Comfort. The valves were installed in some but not all fireplaces. Date codes included in the recall include 0622 through 0718. The gas valve model number is located on a label on the bottom of each gas valve. The date code is located above the label.
November 27, 2007
- Meijer Inc. Recalls Firepits; Product Can Tip Over and Pose a Fire Hazard
This recall involves the Grand Gourmet metal wood-burning firepits model FSQ279. The firepit is black, has four legs and two sparks guards on top. It measures 27 inches wide by 27 inches deep by 25 1/2 inches high. The model number can be found on the cover page of the product manual.
October 17, 2007
- Plow & Hearth Recalls Aluminum Chimeneas Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
The chimeneas are outdoor fireplaces that are aluminum, have a removable spark guard, a wrought iron base, and a four-sided screen.
August 29, 2006
- Agio International's Outdoor Steel Dome Fireplaces Sold at Lowe's Stores Recalled Due to Fire Hazard
The recalled fireplace consists of a round fire bowl that rests on four legs, with a chimney cap and hood. The fireplace is made of steel and is painted black. They are about 3-feet tall and 2-feet wide. The item number, 91023, is printed on the package materials.
July 5, 2006
- Heat & Glo Indoor/Outdoor Gas Fireplaces Recalled for Fire Hazard
The recall involves the Heat & Glo Twilight II and IIB indoor/outdoor see-through gas fireplaces. The model name, Twilight II or IIB, can be found by looking at the bottom right side of the inside of the control compartment of the inside portion of the fireplace.