February 11, 2011
- Two Strangulation Deaths Prompt Summer Infant to Recall Video Baby Monitors with Cords; Firm to Provide New On-Product Label & Instructions
February 11, 2011
- Rechargeable Batteries in Video Baby Monitors Recalled to Replace by Summer Infant Due to Burn Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Babies R Us
The recall involves Summer Infant Slim and Secure handheld color video monitors with unmarked, MP and BK rechargeable batteries. The Video Monitor is sold in either silver and white, model #02800; or pink and white, model #02805. It has receiver and camera components. The receiver is approximately 4 ¼” tall and 2 ½” wide with a 2.5” LCD screen with the “Summer” logo printed in white on the bottom front. The camera is silver and white. Both the video monitor and receiver components come with A/C adapters but only the receiver unit contains a rechargeable battery. The batteries are unmarked or marked with letters MP or BK on the lower right corner of the battery. Batteries that are marked TCL are not included in this recall.
August 12, 2010
- Circus World Recalls Wireless Video Baby Monitors Due to Overheating Hazard
This recall involves Levana wireless baby monitors with model number LV-TW300. The receiver front is white and green with six round buttons and the printed word "Levana". It is 7 inches tall and includes a stand/base. The camera is all white, about 5 inches tall and is attached to a 3 1/2 inch long white base. The camera can rotate and swivel in various directions. The camera and receiver each has its own A/C adapter.
April 8, 1998
- Baby Monitors Recalled by Gerry Baby Products
October 28, 1997
- Nursery Monitor Batteries Recalled by Safety 1st
October 3, 1996
- Deluxe Baby Monitor Recalled by Gerry Baby Products