October 1, 2010
- Home Improvement Books Recalled by Oxmoor House Due to Faulty Wiring Instructions; Shock and Fire Hazards to Consumers
The recall involves the following 17 home improvement books. These titles are out of print and were last sold by retailers in 2005. However, they are likely still on bookshelves in consumers' homes.
April 6, 2010
- Gund Recalls to Replace Baby Books Due to Choking Hazard
This recall involves three miniature children's paperboard books with plastic handles designed as baby rattles. They include "Animals" (item number 059174), "Numbers" (item number 059175) and "Colors" (item number 059176). The books were also sold as a three-book set (item number 059173). The name "Gund" and the item number are located on the back of the books. The books measure 4 1/2 inches by 7 inches.
January 8, 2010
- Children's "Big Rex and Friends" Cloth Books Recalled Due to Risk of Lead Exposure
This recall involves “Big Rex and Friends” cloth books. The book has a black and white striped border with a red dinosaur on the cover. The words “Big Rex and Friends” are printed on the cover. ISBN 031249260X or 9780312492601 is printed on the back of the book.
January 8, 2010
- Home Improvement Books Recalled by Oxmoor House Due to Faulty Wiring Instructions; Shock or Fire Hazard to Consumers
The recall involves nine home improvement books, as listed below:
December 9, 2009
- Children's Plush Books Recalled by Simon & Schuster Due to Choking Hazard
Monday the Bullfrog is a plush puppet bullfrog with a board book attached to the frog’s mouth. It was sold in clear plastic packaging, and the book is marked with ISBN numbers 10: 1416912312 and 13: 9781416912316 printed inside the mouth of the bullfrog.
August 20, 2009
- Cloth Books Recalled by Sterling Publishing Co. Inc. Due to Strangulation Hazard
This recall involves the eebee’s “Have a Ball” Adventure cloth book. This interactive activity book has a small cloth ball attached to a string which children use to complete activities in the book. The books are intended for children ages 9 to 36 months. ISBN 13:978-1-4027-5771-6 is located on a white tag attached to the book. Other eebee’s Adventures cloth books are not included in this recall.
December 30, 2008
- Faulty Instructions Prompt Recall of Electrical Wiring How-to-Books by The Taunton Press; Shock Hazard to Consumers
The recall involves the 3rd Edition of Wiring a House. The paperback book’s cover is white and yellow and has a photograph of a man wiring a panel. ISBN #978-1-56158-942-5 is printed on the back cover. Wiring Complete, Expert Advice from Start to Finish is paperback and has a green, black and white cover that shows hands wiring an electrical wall receptacle.
September 23, 2008
- Harry Potter Bookends Recalled By Giftco Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
This recall involves poly-stone bookends painted and shaped in the characters of the Harry Potter book series. Bookend characters include Harry Potter, Hedwig and Hermione, and Crookshank.
April 8, 2008
- Children's Board Book Sets Recalled By Dalmatian Press Due to Choking Hazard
This recall involves Little Builder Children’s Board Book sets with ISBN 1-49373-215-9. The sets include four concept board books (colors, tools, 123, shapes) and two toy trucks (dump truck and concrete mixer truck).
October 17, 2007
- Antioch Publishing Recalls Additional Bookmarks Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
This recall involves various designs of the Cool Clip and Mini Cool Clip bookmarks. The themed metals bookmarks include the following designs: