March 3, 2011
- AOSOM Recalls Wooden Playpens Due to Choking and Laceration Hazards
This recall involves AOSOM wooden playpens made from pine wood. The firm's logo "A" and "www.AOSOM.com" is stamped on the gate of the playpen. The following four models are included in this recall:
July 15, 2010
- Child's Death Prompts Recall to Repair Portable Playard Tent by Tots in Mind Due to Strangulation Hazard
December 30, 2009
- Dorel Juvenile Group Recalls Play Yards with Bassinets Due to Suffocation Hazard
The play yards are portable and were sold with a bassinet attachment and a built-in changing station. Models included in this recall are 05025, 05026, 05037, 05088 and 05350. The model number is printed on a sticker on one of the support legs underneath the play yard. “Safety 1st” or “Eddie Bauer” are printed near the bottom of the fabric sides of the play yards.
July 8, 2009
- Kolcraft Recalls 1 Million Play Yards Due to Fall Hazard
This recall involves the Kolcraft Travelin’ Tot play yards, as well as other similar play yards manufactured for Carter’s, Sesame Street, Jeep, Contours, Care Bare and Eric Carle, with model numbers listed below. Some of the units have a bassinet and/or changing table. Some models have a mobile, vibrating unit or a parent organizer. Model numbers are printed on a white sticker on one of the feet of the play yard.
May 13, 2009
- Eddie Bauer Play Yards with Rocking Bassinets Recalled by Dorel Juvenile Group Due to Suffocation Hazard
This recall involves Eddie Bauer Soothe & Sway portable play yards. The convertible play yard has a bassinet and changing station feature. A mobile with three teddy bears was also sold with the play yard. Models included in the recall are 05046 (all units) and 05044 units manufactured before December 1, 2008. Different models were sold in Canada. Model numbers and manufacture dates are printed on a sticker on one of the support legs underneath the play yard. Manufacture dates are printed in the YY/MM/DD format.
April 7, 2009
- Simplicity Play Yards Recalled by Various Retailers Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards
The recalled play yards are portable and were sold with a bassinet, changing table and mobile features. The play yards bear the “Simplicity” logo. The model numbers are 5500DRM, 5500WDS, 5500FEL, 5501FEL, 5502MON, 5520PRO, 5550HAN, 5700MAN, and 5750MIR. The model number is located on a sticker on one of the legs underneath the play yard.
January 15, 2009
- Fisher-Price Recalls Simplicity's Rainforest Portable Play Yards Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards
The recalled play yards are portable and were sold with a bassinet, changing table, and mobile features. The products have a Rainforest™ patterned fabric, Rainforest themed artwork and bear the “Fisher-Price” logo. The Simplicity Inc. model numbers are 5310 RNF, 5310RNFC, 5310RNFT and 5310RNFW. The model number is located on a sticker on one of the legs underneath the play yard.
October 16, 2008
- Infant Death Prompts Recall of Convertible Cribs by Playkids USA; Crib Poses Entrapment and Suffocation Hazards
September 27, 2007
- Kolcraft Recalls Play Yards After the Death of a 10-Month-Old Child
September 24, 2003
- Graco: New Safety Instructions to Prevent Injuries with Portable Play Yards with Raised Changing Tables