May 30, 2012
- ECHO Bear Cat Recalls Hydraulic Log Splitters Due to Impact Hazard
This recall involves ECHO Bear Cat brand hydraulic log splitter with model numbers LS27270 and LS27270T, with a date code of 012908 stamped on the hydraulic cylinder. The model number is printed on the main beam of the log splitters. The date code is stamped on the hydraulic cylinder near the capped end. The log splitters are black and orange with ECHO Bear Cat printed on the hydraulic cylinder.
July 7, 2011
- Changzhou Globe Tool Group Recalls Electric Log Splitters Due to Laceration or Amputation Hazard; Firm to Provide Additional On-Product Warnings; Sold Exclusively at Lowe's Stores
The log splitters are silver and black, electric 5-ton models. The log splitter brand name, model and item number below is included in this recall.
December 10, 2009
- MTD Recalls Log Splitters Due to Amputation Hazard
The following log splitter brand names and model numbers are included in this recall. They were sold in red, black and yellow in 21, 25, 27 and 33 ton models. The model number is located on the frame near the engine. Log splitters manufactured from November 2008 through October 2009 are included in this recall. Only models with certain serial numbers are included in this recall.
April 1, 2009
- Brave Products Reannounces Recall of Log Splitters; Additional Incidents Prompt Urgent Warning of Amputation Hazard
The log splitters are made of steel and painted orange and black, or blue and black. They have trailer hitches and rubber tires. Each log splitter has a decal on the side that reads “Brave Products, Inc.” or “Iron & Oak” and “__ ton” (either 15, 22, 26, or 34). The following Brave Products or Iron & Oak models are included in the recall:
July 17, 2008
- Log Splitter Engines Recalled By American Honda Motor Co. Due to Fire Hazard
The recall involves Honda engines (model type GCV160LA N1A) used in Split Master by SpeeCo and Huskee brand log splitters. Only engine serial numbers between 5547012 and 6880908 are included in the recall. The serial number is located below the upper shroud near the oil dip-stick. The following models of log splitters are affected by the recall and are either silver/black or red/black colored.
July 24, 2007
- Additional Incidents Prompt Log Splitter Recall Expansion by Brave Products; Could Pose Serious Injury Risk
The log splitters are made of steel and painted orange and black, or blue and black. They have trailer hitches and rubber tires. Each log splitter has a decal on the side that reads "Brave Products, Inc." or "Iron & Oak" and "__ ton" (either 15, 22, 26, or 34). The following Brave Products or Iron & Oak models are included in the recall:
April 4, 2006
- Tecumseh Engines Used on Various Power Equipment Recalled Due to Fire Hazard
The recall includes power equipment with Tecumseh engines listed below. The engine model number and date of manufacture (DOM) information is located on a label on the side of the housing. The recalled engines have a date of manufacture code (DOM) that starts with 05241 to 05286. The label on the engine reads, "Tecumseh Power Company," and in addition to the Model and DOM information, lists the Spec number needed for identification.
February 15, 2005
- Brave Products Recall of Log Splitters
September 30, 1999
- Engines on Outdoor Power Equipment Recalled by Tecumseh Products
April 24, 1991
- "Bark Buster" Auger Type Log Splitters Recalled