November 13, 2012
- Rec-Out Recalls Columbus Camping Chairs Due to Presence of Mold; Sold Exclusively at Big 5 Sporting Goods
This recall involves Basin model Columbus™ folding camping chairs, identified with style # CC3009-N on a label attached to the side of the seat. They are blue, foam-padded, polyester chairs with a cushioned seat and back. The chairs have adjustable side straps and two additional straps used as handles to carry the chair when folded. "Columbus" appears on the outer side of the back of the seat, above a mesh pocket.
April 19, 2011
- Spot Recalls Satellite Communicator Due To Loss of Emergency Communications Capability
The satellite communicator tracks the user's location and sends the user's GPS coordinates and a distress message in the case of an emergency. The device is black with the SPOT logo and the word DeLorme on the front. It measures 3 inches x 2.6 inches and is bundled with the DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w GPS. The GPS is not subject to this recall. Affected products have Electronic Serial Numbers (ESN) from 0-2000000 to 0-2019999. The ESN is located on a label under the battery.
December 7, 2010
- Circo Children's Camping Combo Pack Recalled Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target Stores
The recall involves one model of the Circo Space Combo pack, which includes a children's tent, sleeping bag, backpack and a headlamp. The tent is green and dark blue with planets, stars and figures printed on it. The packing box has the UPC number: 490911500926, DPCI: 091-15-0092.
November 22, 2010
- Camping Stoves and Equipment Recalled by Katadyn North America Due to Fire Hazard
This recall involves Optimus Nova and Nova+ camping stoves and equipment, including the stove's fuel pump and spare parts/repair kits. The stoves are black metal, measure about 6 inches in diameter and 3 ½ inches high and can be used with multiple types of fuel. Stove serial numbers QA000011 through QA007313 are included in this recall. The serial number and "Optimus" are printed on the side of the camping stove. Pumps and spare parts kits also were sold separately. Pumps have a green open/close valve. Spare parts kits model numbers include 80163051, 8520, 80176321 and 8511 and are printed on the packaging.
February 11, 2009
- Outdoor Stoves Recalled by Jetboil Due to Burn Hazard
This recall involves personal and group cooking stoves often used during outdoor camping. The recalled models include: Personal Cooking Systems in black (PBL075-BLK-(PCS) and camo (PBL075-CAMO-(PCS), Backcountry Gourmet Set (BDLFRY), Personal Cooking System with Companion Cup (BDL001), Personal Cooking System with Pot Support & Stabilizer (BDL002), Personal Cooking System with Coffee Press (BDL003), and Personal Cooking System Java Kit (BDLJAVA) and Group Cooking System (GCS150).
February 10, 2009
- Camp Stoves Sold Exclusively at Dick's Sporting Goods Recalled Due to Burn Hazard
This recall involves the “Field & Stream” dual burner camp stove, which is a propane-fueled portable stove. The style number (#CEH00475) can be located on the product’s packaging. The “Field & Stream” logo is on the back panel of the stove behind the burners.
July 15, 2004
- Snow Peak USA, Inc., Recall of Gas Camping Stoves to
April 2, 2002
- Wenzel Reminds Consumers about Recall of Propane Camping Lanterns
August 28, 2001
- Wenzel Recalls Ozark Trail and Wenzel Propane Camping Lanterns<
October 2, 2000
- Compact Camper Stoves Recalled by Zebco