January 15, 2013
- KTM North America Recalls Enduro Motorcycles Due to Fuel Leak, Fire and Crash Hazard
The recall includes seven 2013 and one 2012 model off-road and closed-course motorcycle. Model numbers included are: 2013 KTM Motorcycles: 250 XC-F, 250 XCF-W, 350 XC-F, 350 XCF-W, 450 XC-F, 450 XC-W, 500 XC-W and MY 2012 KTM 350 XCF-W. The model number is printed on the rear fender on both sides of the motorcycle just below the tail end of the seat. These two-wheeled motorcycles are black and orange. KTM is printed on the front number plate/headlight mask and on both sides of the shrouds covering the fuel tank.
April 12, 2012
- Additional Fire Incidents Prompts Baja Motorsports to Reannounce Dirt Bike Recall
This recall involves all model DR50 and DR70 Baja dirt bikes with vehicle identification number (VIN) beginning with "L98," the letter "B" as the 10th character of the VIN and having a yellow dot or line marked on or near the VIN. The model number and VIN are located on the product data plate, which is located on the side of the "goose neck" - where the handle bars meet the body of the bike.
September 8, 2011
- KTM North America Recalls Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Fall or Crash Hazard
This recall involves all 2011 KTM and Husaberg off-road/competition motorcycles.
March 9, 2011
- Baja Motorsports Recalls Dirt Bikes Sold Exclusively at Pep Boys Due to Fire and Burn Hazards
This recall involves all model DR50 and DR70 Baja dirt bikes with VIN numbers beginning with “L98.” The model number and VIN are located on the product data plate, which is located on the side of the “goose neck” (where the handle bars meet the body of the bike).
August 5, 2010
- Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A. Recalls Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Injury Hazard
This recall involves Kawasaki 2010 model year KLX110CAF and KLX110DAF off-road motorcycles. They were sold in green and have Kawasaki written on the sides of the fuel tank.
October 15, 2009
- Zero Motorcycles Recalls Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Crash Hazard
This recall involves the model year 2009 Zero X and Zero MX electric motorcycles. The recalled motorcycles are white, with the Zero name and logo printed on the battery.
May 7, 2009
- Off-Road Motorcycles Recalled by KTM North America Due to Front Fork Failure
This recall involves model year 2009 KTM off-road motorcycles. The model name and KTM™ logo are located on the right and left shrouds. The following models are included in this recall:
March 5, 2009
- Off-Road Bike Engine Parts Recalled by Wiseco Due to Crash Hazard
This recall involves the following connecting rods and crankshaft assemblies used in off-road dirt bike engines. Wiseco’s identification number can be found on the neck of the connecting rods between the two circular ends. The part number and date code can be found on the product’s packaging.
November 13, 2008
- Off-Road Motorcycles Recalled by American Honda Motor Due to Risk of Swing Arm Weld Failure
This recall involves model year 2007-2008 Honda CRF150R/RB motocross competition motorcycles.
June 18, 2008
- Tucker Rocky Recalls Off-Road Motorcycle Clamp Kits; Bolts Can Break Causing Handlebars to Separate During a Crash and Cause Serious Injury
The Pro Taper Clamp Kits are aftermarket accessories for off-road motorcycles. The recall involves the following kits and part numbers: