July 21, 2010
- Atico International USA Recalls Bamboo Torches Due to Laceration Hazard
This recall involves bamboo torches that have a black metal canister with a smooth black metal lid. The torches are used to light outdoor gatherings. The following are the UPC numbers included in this recall. The UPC number can be found on the tag.
August 23, 2005
- Lamplight Farms Inc. Recall of Tiki Bamboo Torches and Replacement Fuel Canisters
These 5-foot-tall Tiki® bamboo torches consist of a bamboo pole with a weaved basket at the top and a metal flame guard, which is a circular black piece that holds the wick in place and attaches to the fuel canister. The recall includes the Tiki® Beachcomber, Seagrass and Sandpiper model torches. The recall also involves replacement canisters that have the metal flame guards. Recalled units have the following UPC numbers: 086861010372 (Beachcomber), 086861013335 (Seagrass), 086861010457 (Sandpiper) and 076354995262 (Replacement Canister). The UPC number and the model name are written on the packaging or attached tag.
July 19, 2005
- Lamplight Farms Inc. Recall of Tiki® Cone Metal Torches
Sold at Wal-Mart
The recalled Tiki® Cone Metal Torch is a 6-foot long, outdoor, open-flame lamp consisting of a black metal pole topped by a copper-colored, cone-shaped metal head. A black decorative rod spirals around the head of the torch. The torch head includes the fuel reservoir, cover and wick. It was sold under Lamplight Farms model numbers 1263 and 126301 and Wal-Mart item numbers 1656121 and 1691366. Both items were sold with the same UPC number 086861012635, which is located on the bottom of the printed hangtag.
July 15, 2004
- Jo-Ann Stores Inc. Recall of Bamboo Torches
The bamboo torch is made of bamboo and stands about five feet tall. The oil canister is housed at the top and the bottom has a spiked tip to stick into the ground. The oil canister is removable and has a black metal top with a hole for the wick to stick out. Instructions and warnings for the use of the product are written on the outside of the oil canister.
October 15, 2001
- Oriental Trading Company Recall of Coconut Bamboo Torches
May 2, 2001
- CPSC, Firms Announce Recall of Novelty Cigarette Lighters and Propane Torches
May 22, 1998
- Fuel Canisters for Outdoor Bamboo Torches Recalled by Conros
June 15, 1994
- Citronella-Scented Paper Wrapped Lawn Torch Recalled by "tag"
April 26, 1994
- Loomis Sales Co. Recalls 33-Inch Citronella Scented Lawn Torch, Item GE221
June 10, 1993
- "Everything's A Dollar" Recalls Citronella Scented 33-Inch Lawn Torch