April 25, 2006
- RedMax Backpack Blowers Recalled Due to Fire Hazard
The RedMax gasoline-powered backpack blowers are red and black with a white fuel tank. Model numbers EB6200, EB7000, EB7001, and EB7001RH can be found on the body of the blowers along with "RedMax," "Zenoah," and "Komatsu."
April 25, 2006
- Shindaiwa Inc. Announces Recall of Backpack Blowers Due to Fire Hazard
January 25, 2006
- Leaf Blowers Sold at Home Depot Recalled for Laceration Hazard
The recalled blower is used outside to blow, vacuum or mulch leaves. "Homelite" is printed on the top of the blower. The blower is red with a black nozzle, and weighs about 10 lbs. Model number UT08542 or UT08542A is printed on the operator's manual. Only blowers missing the black cover over the fan are included in the recall. "Homelite" and "Vac Attack II" are written on the fan cover. A bag connects to the blower to collect the leaves or mulch.
October 18, 2005
- Stihl Inc. Recall of Backpack Blowers
These backpack blowers have serial numbers ranging from 264264925 through 264740832 which are located on top of the engine's cylinder on the fin. The spark plug boot can be removed to view the serial number from the exterior of the blower.
June 29, 2004
- Echo Inc. Recall of Gas-Powered Hand Tools
November 27, 2002
- Tecumseh Products Co. Recalls Power Equipment Engines
June 26, 2001
- CPSC, Five Firms Announce Recall of Backpack Blowers
April 24, 2001
- Firms Recall Backpack Blowers and Cigarette Lighters
March 19, 2001
- Backpack Blowers and Children's Wands Recalled by Firms
April 11, 2000
- Homelite® Handheld Power Blowers/Vacuums Recalled by John Deere