May 14, 2009
- HP Recalls Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Fire Hazard
The recalled lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are used with various HP and Compaq notebook computers. Models that can contain a recalled battery include:
March 19, 2009
- Desktop Computers Recalled By Acer America Corp. Due to Overheating, Burn Hazard
This recall involves Acer Predator desktop computers. The high-end gaming machines have model numbers ASG7200 and ASG7700. Model numbers are printed on the bottom right corner of the panel on the right side of the system.
September 4, 2008
- Sony Recalls Notebook Computers Due to Burn Hazard
The recalled notebook computer models are the VAIO VGN-TZ100 series, VGN-TZ200 series, VGN-TZ300 series and VGN-TZ2000 series. The computers’ screen size is about 11.1” measured diagonally. Not all units are affected; consumers should contact Sony to determine if their unit is included in the recall.
October 30, 2007
- Digital Color Printers Recalled by Oki Data Americas Due to Risk of Electrical Shock
The digital color printers are beige colored and measure 27 inches wide, 25 inches deep and 20 inches high. “Oki Printing Solutions” and model “C9600” are printed on the front of the unit. The following serial numbers are included in the recall. The serial number is located on the back left side of the printer.
August 9, 2007
- Toshiba Recalls Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Fire Hazard
The recalled lithium-ion batteries were sold with, or sold separately to be used with the following notebook computer models: Satellite A100, Satellite A105 and Tecra A7. The battery model is printed on the battery.
April 25, 2007
- Acer America Corporation Recalls Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Previous Fires
Only lithium-ion batteries with the following part numbers and battery week codes and used in the following Acer notebook models, are included in the recall:
March 1, 2007
- Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Notebook PC Extended-Life Batteries Due to Fire Hazard
Lenovo sold these extended-life batteries with new ThinkPad notebook PCs or as optional or replacement batteries for the following ThinkPad notebook models: R Series (R60 and R60e), T Series (T60 and T60p) and Z Series (Z60m, Z61e, Z61m, and Z61p). The recalled 9-cell batteries have the following part number, which can be found on the battery label: FRU P/N 92P1131.
October 23, 2006
- Sony Recalls Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Previous Fires
These lithium ion batteries were sold with, or sold separately to be used with, the following notebook computer models:
September 28, 2006
- Lenovo and IBM Announce Recall of ThinkPad Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Fire Hazard
The recalled lithium-ion batteries were sold with or sold separately to be used with the following ThinkPad notebook computers: T Series (T43, T43p, T60, T60p); R Series (R51e, R52, R60, R60e); and X Series (X60, X60s). The recalled batteries have the following part or model numbers, which can be found on the battery label:
August 24, 2006
- Apple Recall of Batteries Used in Previous iBook and PowerBook Computers Due To Fire Hazard
The recalled lithium-ion batteries were used with the following computers: 12-inch iBook G4, 12-inch PowerBook G4 and 15-inch PowerBook G4. Consumers should remove the battery from the computer to view the model and serial numbers labeled on the bottom of the unit.